PES Membrane Filter Cartridges
Polyethersulphone membrane filter cartridges are designed to provide reliable sterilizing filtration for a wide variety of applications including water filtration, removal of spoiling micro-organisms in beverages, and filtration of pharmaceutical products.
Stringent quality control standards assure effective, consistent filtration performance and controlled pore sizes. PES membranes are inherently hydrophilic, and can therefore operate at high flow rates with a low differential pressure. Polypropylene support layers are present to provide mechanical strength and additional contaminant holding capacity.
The PES Symmetric Series consists of a single layer symmetric PES membrane.
The PES XL series consists of a single layer asymmetric membrane, providing a superior dirt holding capacity and therefore longer service life.
A special construction double layer version is also available on request consisting of one layer of symmetric and one layer of asymmetric membrane.
PES membrane cartridges are available with or without integrity testing prior to final packing depending on the needs of the application, and meet the requirements of FDA regulation CFR 177-82 , USP Class VI , and EC food contact directives
- Available micron ratings : PES Symmetric : 0.1, 0.22, 0.45. PES XL : 0.1, 0.22, 0.45, 0.65, 0.8, 1.2
- Polypropylene support core.
- Available from 10” – 40” (5” version available for PES XL).
- Effective filtration area 0.58m2/10”.
- Range of configurations including double open ended, Code 7, Code 8 and Code 3.
Available gaskets include Silicone, EPDM and Viton.
- Can be provided with PBT or stainless steel inserts.
- Maximum operating temperature 80o
- Maximum differential pressure 4.0 Bar at 21oC, 2.4 Bar at 70o
- Bubble point. >0.34 MPa (water) 0.22 micron, >0.22 MPa (water) 0.45 micron.
- Diffusion Flow : <30ml/min/10”@0.25MPa (water) 0.22 micron, <28ml/min/10”@0.16MPa (water) 0.45 micron.
- Steam sterilization : PES Symmetric ≥ 200 cycles (135oC/30 min @ Max dP 0.3 Bar.
- PES XL : ≥ 100 cycles (121 oC /30 min @ Max dP 0.3 Bar)
- Hot water sterilization 85oC /30 min @ Max dP 2 Bar
- Cleaning solution : 2% NaOH Solution @ ≤ 65 o
- Bacterial challenge test with B.diminuta bacteria
Please contact us for further information or view our range of Filter Cartridges.
LV1 Stainless Steel Single Cartridge Housings
The LV1 series single cartridge vessels consist of an investment cast head with 1” BSP (F) inline connections and 1/8” BSP (F) vent, a quick release clamp, and a bowl with ¼” BSP (F) bottom drain. LV1 vessels are produced in four sizes to suit industry standard 10”, 20”, 30” and 40” nominal length filter cartridges. The universal head can be configured to suit double open ended, code 8 (222 o rings/fin) or code 3 (222 o rings / flat) cartridges.
Multi Round Stainless Steel Cartridge Housings
Multi round cartridge vessels feature a universal bottom cup to suit double open ended, code 8 (222 o rings/fin) or code 3 (222 o rings / flat) cartridges. Our vessel design therefore provides versatility – by simply exchanging the cartridge top sealing components, the vessel can be converted to suit either double open ended cartridges or to suit code 3 and 8 cartridges. For use with double open ended cartridges, vessels are provided with a cup and spring component which achieves both top sealing and cartridge core location, and a compression plate.
Plastic Cartridge Housings
Plastic Housings – For applications involving non-aggressive fluids, these are a low cost, small sized single cartridge housings to suit 10″ or 20″ cartridges. They consist of a polypropylene body and screw on lid which forms a leak proof seal by compression of an o ring. The body can either be opaque or clear. 1/2″ – 1 1/2″ BSP screwed inline connections are available as standard. An optional pressure release button is available on the inlet port. Available accessories include spanners and mounting brackets.